As I get older and I experience more of life's highs and lows I have truly become more aware of how precious life is and each day is a gift from God! Every now and then it hits me how blessed I am...how much I DO have. This past year I have seen friends and family hit with enormous life obstacles and it has made me more thankful for my "silly" problems. Here are a few things that I am thankful for:
1. My husband - This man loves me unconditionally! He is my best friend. Even when I don't like me he does...sometimes I can't believe that he picked me! He works so hard to make a good life for us and make it possible for me to be a full time mommy.
2. My Boys!!!!!! - There was a time when I didn't think I was going to be able to have children. I thank God every day for blessing me with these two beautiful little boys! There is no greater joy on this Earth! Sometimes my heart feels like it could burst!
3. My Parents - What an amazing example they have been. No they aren't perfect but they give their all in everything they do! There were times when I was growing up that sometimes I didn't deserve their love but they gave it inspite of my stubbornness! They are such newlyweds at heart! It is a good problem to have your parents semi-make out in front of you rather than scream at each other! ; )
4. Our Friends - We have some pretty amazing friends! The kind of friends that really care what is happening in your life and are there for the good AND the bad. The kind of friends that don't have to talk to you everyday to have a strong relationship...the kind that no matter how long it has been you pick up just like you haven't missed a day. (with the exception for Joe & Jeremy...I swear these two share a brain)
5. Our Home - We have a comfortable and humble home. There isn't anything fancy about the way we live but I love our home. I believe that a home is more than a structure that you place your belongings in... It is a place where I can be myself... A place where there is love and trust and honesty... The place where kisses are in abundance! (especially from Devin) A comfortable place! A place where friends and family are welcome. A place where I don't have to get dressed up for my husband to tell me how great I look. The place where a game of "Draw on the magnadoodle and have Devin guess what it is" is the funnest game ever! It is "home base"...my safe zone.