Monday, January 26, 2009

What A Big Boy!!!!

I can't believe this weekend is already over! Here is our weekend Friday night was spent house training Devin, we went with Heather's suggestion of putting Devin in big boy underpants during awake hours...WOW did we clean up a lot of potty on the carpet! (Note to self: put plastic training pants over underwear) Saturday Devin didn't have as many accidents but still no "#2" in his potty...just in his Transformer underwear. EWH!

Saturday evening Joe went out to dinner and a concert with his brother and my parents came over to spend time with me and the boys. I think it is awesome that Joe and his brother, Nick, get along so well. I hope our boys are that close when they are grown! And speaking of Nick...if you know of a great single 20 something, cute, sweet, funny, lives in the state of Texas, "future" oriented girl that would like to meet a handsome, fun, smart, part Italian, hilarious, sensitive but manly, has a good job 20 something guy hollar at me! (therussocorner@gmail.com) Oh and here is a pic (or 2) of him! Isn't he SO cute! ; )



ANYWHO back to our weekend... So Saturday night I could not sleep...too much on my mind...I try to solve the world's problems in my head while I lay in bed at night... I didn't fall asleep until about 5AM!!! Thank God that Joe is an amazing father and husband and got up with the boys to let me get a little shut eye. So got up about 10AM and spent some time with my boys and my hubby and got cleaned up to go and have lunch with my cousin to celebrate her BDay! HAPPY, belated, BIRTHDAY STACY! After lunch we did some shopping and it was so nice to have some "me time". I adore my hubby and kids but it is good to have some time to be just Jessica.

So in the middle of "me time"Joe sends me a text and tells me that Devin went "#2" in his potty!!!!!!! YAH DEVIN! Joe said that he took him to his potty like normal and he did his "business" super quick and without being prompted! I am so proud of Devin AND Joe! I hope we can continue this and keep the Transformers "#2" free. ; )

I wanted to say "thank you" to all of you that left helpful tips on the potty training topic, they were all great! If you think of anymore keep them coming! I hope you all have a good week and PLEASE check out the KID PRODUCT GIVEAWAY, there is a new item!

8 comments:

Kimberly 'Riggle' Franek said...

I don't envy the potty training. We do that a lot at work. Just with 6 and 7 year olds. :)

Brittany said...

Yay Devin!!!!

Oh, and ladies, I can attest that not only is Nick cute, he is also very fun and sweet. So, if you are interested, I promise he won't dissapoint!

Unknown said...

Isn't that the best feeling (when your child goes to the potty)? It's so funny how those little things are so exciting to us moms!

Nick Russo said...

Thanks for the advertising space, Jess! Did you mean to pick 4 different pictures where I have different facial hair in each one. Ladies???

Glitter & Bliss said...

I love it!!! I hope Nick find someone perfect from your awesome ad space. He looks like such a sweet guy!! I wish I knew someone from Texas....

Anonymous said...

Yah Devin!!!

-Ruthann

feather k said...

thanks for stopping by! That couch was my favorite...I loved how you could run your hand across it and it would "change"...that's funny you had one too...and could your banner picture be any cuter...ummm no... :)

Sherry said...

Yay for Devin!!!! He's getting it!