Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love it when Joe brings home flowers for me

my sad attempt at cookie decorating... : ( I am very disappointed



Today was a perfect day! How in the world did I end up with such a wonderful husband?!?!? (I say this even though I am FULLY aware of his imperfections, irritants, flaws, sometimes moodiness, etc....but I still think he is pretty perfect) He was so wonderful to let me sleep in this morning and he handled, aka slept on the couch with, the boys. We hung out with the boys during the afternoon and since my dad was working this evening my mom was SO wonderful to come over and watch the boys so Joe and I could go out for a few hours.

We went to the mall and we went straight into Nordstrom's and I couldn't wait to get to the shoes and...NADA! There wasn't anything good. : ( So we headed to my other two favorite mall spots and Joe was good to me!!!! I really didn't think I was going get such a fantastic gift! Date nights always go great when I get what I want. ; ) I'm really trying hard not to brag too much...but I got a FABULOUS new handbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My girlfriend Julie and I always talk about how we are each other's "materialistic friend" because only she and I understand our love for THINGS. I don't have to have THINGS, I don't need THINGS, I can live without THINGS, I am perfectly happy without THINGS....but I sure do like them a whole lot!

As we were walking back thru Nordstrom's to leave we went by the men's shoe department and Joe found TWO pairs! Go figure! But I guess he deserves something new too. ; )

We went and had a great kid free dinner at Catina Loredo, yummy, and came home to our kiddos. I do think that the best part of our date was getting to sit and TALK at dinner. I never realized how much we don't get to sit and talk to each other. It was so wonderful to have alone time but it was just as wonderful to come home and hang out with our boys.

Thanks for helping us out today GG(my mom)!

Thank you hun for a perfect day, I am head over heals for you! XOXO


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day! i think all us girls love 'things'. and i just have to tell you... your v-day cookies turned out a lot better than some new brownies i tried to do:)
~nicole

{darlene} said...

umm. girlfriend. you'd better show us your purse!!!

Happy Valentines Day.

Dar

Christine said...

Your cookies turned out adorable! What are you talking about here!!!...lol You are so creative and have so much talent...you are not allowed to come and look at my cupcakes!...lol

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I have that same Southern Living plate...I love it!
-sandy toe

Brittany said...

Let's see what you got!!!!!!!! Thanks for your b'day wishes!

Shannon said...

Where is the picture of your purse??!!?! :) Sounds like a great V-day! I think your cookies turned out great!!