Friday, November 04, 2005

As The Corporate World Turns

So it looks like there is a reorg. in the cards for the organization that I work in... It is a reorg. creating positions so that is always better than a reorg when people getting laid off! The only problem with this is that you can already feel the competivness of those who want these new positions and I am scared that the team will fall apart in the meantime... There are several individuals that are so qualified for these openings and I wish them all the best and hope that however it turns out everyone will be happy.
I am so excited that today is Friday!!!! I am really looking forward to all of our plans for the weekend, I just hope we will have enough time to breathe. On my lunch today I went to Stein Mart and gave into the urge of buying Christmas decorations. I love decorating for Christmas! Growing up my parents would pull down the boxes of decorations from the attic the day after Thanksgiving and we would spend the day covering the house with Christmas cheer. I remember the first Christmas I wasn't living at home...I really missed it. So last year Joe and I started our own tradition of decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Next Christmas will be great, it will be our baby's first Christmas!
Speaking of the baby, I felt several kicks night before last. I was in bed almost to sleep when I felt thumps in my tummy, over and over again. It was so neat! I can't wait until Joe can feel the baby move on the outside of my tummy.
That is it for today, hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The reorg has created some tension already, hasn't it? What a mess.