Monday, May 01, 2006

A Quick Update

Yes, the most amazing little boy ever arrived on April 20th @ 9:50 PM weighing 8 pounds and 2 ounces at 20.5 inches long. We can hardly believe that this perfect litle thing has come into our lives and I can't thank God enough for getting him to us safely! We were discharged from the hospital on the 22nd and I was back in the hospital on the 24th with dangerously high blood pressure, 207/121, and discharged on the 26th. Let me just tell you how heartwrenching it was for me to be away from Devin!!!! I'm not sure there are even words to explain how broken my heart was. The doctor at Baylor thinks that I have hypertension but my OB think it is toxemia...I am going to my doctor tomrrow so we will see what she has to say. The meds that I am currently on make me pretty dizzy and it is kind of hard to take care of a newborn in that condition... Thanks for the prayers, kind emails, and phone messages. Please don't take offense if you don't receive a quick response...it is just taking us a little time to get adjusted.
Love,
Jess

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh girl! Sounds like you've been through a lot in a short time! Keep taking good care of yourself and although I know you have plenty of people taking very good care of you, if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.