Monday, September 27, 2010

Party Time - Ratatouille Style

-WARNING-

Picture Overload

As birthdays draw near I try to come up with a theme that the kids, and birthday boy, will enjoy. This year was easy to decided! Corbin watches Ratatouille at least 8 times a week and I had a million ideas of cute party decor and favors! Crafting for this party started in early August. I like to take my time preparing for birthdays so I don't feel overwhelmed and start throwing things together at the last minute.
My first craft for the party was Gusteau. I found an image of him online, printed it out in black & white, cut him out, used a black marker to darken the outline and colored him with crayons. I hung this one from the light fixture .

I did the same with this one, I just printed it out a bit larger and hung it from a candle holder on the wall with thick white thread.


For Rhemy I free handed him and unfortunately you can tell...but you get the idea of who it suppose to be.

Then I needed to come up with "food" to create a restaurant feel for the buffet table. I headed to Hobby Lobby for foam blocks, wheels, balls and sheets!
I made a lasagna...

a pizza...

pasta (yarn) with meatballs...

and a "bouquet" of food and chef items


A view of the entire buffet table


Next was the little items, the special touches for here and there.

Wooden spoons and "birthday" cookie cutters hung from the chandelier.



A pin board displaying pictures of Corbin from the past year.

Another "bouquet" and a birthday sign atop the armouir...

The Paris skyline... This took forever and a day!!!!

A menu "chalkboard" covering the framed mirror. I used a piece of black fabric and a white paint marker.

A sign and balloons welcoming the guests by the front door.

An overview of the party table.
Another view of the party table

A close up of a place setting at the party table...

The chef hat and aprons I got for all of the kiddos

And now the food table!



Our "fish" of the day. hehe




Get a load of this cake! I had a girlfriend's mom make it. It was sssoooo cute, pictures just don't do it justice and it tasted A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

The "cheese" and "bread" were both cakes and the rat was made of rice krispie treats. Janelda, you rock!!!!!

The day of the party Corbin AND Devin could hardly contain themselves! They were bouncing off of the walls in anticipation.
We were trying very hard to get a good birthday picture....
but those of you with boys understand how impossible this can be...

We cleared out the couch and side table to make room for chair s to be are the perimeter of the room so the adults could watch the party action.


And now for the party fun!

How cute is he in his little chef gear?!?!?!?!!!
Ms Eden



Sweet sisters! Gabriella & Gianna
Natalie & Eden
Emerson, Corbin's lady friend, was sick but her mommy was so sweet to bring a gift for her.

He is such a little stinker!

I took a few pictures of the birthday boy...I am a proud momma!



He had so much fun opening all his gifts.
We are blessed to have such generous friends and family.
"Happy Birthday To You" He really enjoyed us signing to him!
Then he played "how many uitensils can you stick in the cake" and big brother helped out...
Devin is such a goof!
Giving Natalie a high-5
giving Eden a hug bye-bye


Rhett, Devin & Corbin playin...just like their dad's did when they were kids!

OH NO! T-Rex is attacking Paris.... haha

Thanks to all of our friends and family for helping us celebrate Corbin's birthday!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

It was A-MAZ-ING! You outdid yourself! No detail un-thought of! Thanks for having us!

Unknown said...

blown away! How fantastic! I love all the creative details you put into this party! Definitely saving to share with my readers!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!