Friday, December 02, 2005

And The Guessing Game Continues

So the sonogram was amazing! It was so indescribable to look at the monitor and see the little person that is growing inside of me! The baby is developing properly and it looks like we are right on our due date. (according to the sonogram tech) Unfortunately I was having Braxton Hicks Contractions and my placenta was pressing down on the baby so we weren't able to determine the sex. The baby was in the fetal position the entire time. We saw a few tiny kicks, the head move, the mouth open a few times like yawns...but that was about it. I think the most amazing part was to be able to see the 4 chambers of the heart! WOW! The heart rate was 141, about the same as my last doctor appointment. I am trying not to be too disappointed that we weren't able to determine the sex and be happy that we know that our baby is developing properly.
Joe took the sonogram pictures to work today so as soon as he is able to scan those I will post them here.

No comments: